Monday, February 15, 2010

In a warwick avenue kinda mood.

Maybe this post has something to do with post-Valentine's Day. Maybe it doesn't. The brits are really stepping up their game with soulful singers like Adele and Winehouse, and Joss Stone. I'll never be able to sing like them. Well, I just watched this music video by Duffy for her song "Warwick Avenue." She gives off a lot of Adele-ish vibes, but she really took her soul to another level, after watching her music video.

Did a little background check, because it appeared to look really genuine, and I found out that that really is Duffy, really crying in her music video, probably about that douche on 'warwick avenue' whom she wrote the song about. That dick.

The director had planned all these other scenes for the video, but stuck with this one shot, in one take.



Did anyone else but me watch this video and feel the urge to cry too? Not really because it was a sad video, but more because a lot of girls try reenacting 'warwick avenue'-type taxi moments and actually feel really good after doing it? I think a lot of girls do...at least the melo-dramatic ones. I have these occasional moments where I'm in my car, no music, and just start tearing up because it feels so refreshing. My emotions are literally being carried out into my tears and away from my body, and it feels so damn good.

No comments: